Our personal mission here at Vaughn is to work with parents, teachers, and families to ensure each student has access to the best educational experience possible. That means we STAND IN THE GAP between what the school district offers our kids, and what we want them to have access to during their education. For example, the Vaughn PTA has:
- Doubled the guided reading library
- Brought hands-on science programming to each classroom
- Executed three book fairs per year that benefited the library
- Hosted New York Times best-selling children’s authors, anti-bullying assemblies, BMX Red Ribbon Week program, Dinosaur George, Dr. Recess, Olympian Johnny Quinn, and more.
- Purchased more than $5,000 worth of gym equipment
- Annual family events like the Sock Hop
- Organize programs and events such as Watch D.O.G.S. Multi-cultural Night, The Green Team, Walk & Run Club, Walk or Bike to School Day, and Diverse Abilities Day
- Purchased technology for classrooms such as iPads and Chromebooks
So how can you help? Simple. Join Vaughn PTA.
In fact, the whole family can join, students too! Your membership fees support everything the PTA does for your students and so much more. And don’t worry if you can’t volunteer. That’s okay. Your membership in the PTA can and will make a difference.
In addition to supporting the students of Vaughn Elementary, your PTA membership gives you:
- Access to the private Facebook Group, Vaughn PTA Insiders. JOIN HERE.
- Special discounts and perks from more than fifteen organizations. LEARN MORE HERE.
- Monday, November 19
- Tuesday, November 20
- Wednesday, November 21
- Thursday, November 22
- Friday, November 23
- Wednesday, November 28
- Thursday, November 29
- Friday, December 21